<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 26, 2003

Cultivating an Attitude of Gratitude 

Like most people I know, I bitch a bit. Not excessively, or anything. I am not one of those people whose phone calls you dread or whose conversation drags down a dinner party with negative energy. (In fact, a few months ago a casual acquaintance actually had the nerve to call me a "Pollyanna" because she was growing weary of me trying to spin our choral group's grumblings into something lighter and airier.) But I know I can bitch with the best of 'em.

I am trying to change that.

Like the bumper sticker proclaims, I am trying to cultivate an attitude of gratitude. I am trying to not only accept the good with the bad, but to actually appreciate the mundane. And I am continually on the look out for that grain of salt that we are supposed to take things with.

Life is short. And it's all we have.

I vow to embrace it.

I am going to figure out what I would do if I absolutely knew I couldn't fail? And then, I am going to do it.

e-mail this blog

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?