<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Disney Harmony 

(Day 3, Walt Disney World Vacation)
Since we were last here, two new attractions have been launched at Walt Disney World: Mickey’s PhilharMagic and Mission Space. We managed to take in both of these attractions yesterday, and were very happy with both, although my personal favorite between the two was Mickey’s PhilharMagic.

PhilharMagic, located at the Magic Kingdom, just made its debut on October 9th. It is a 3-D film that incorporates music, 3-D movie effects, and magical “extras” such as smell-o-rama, well-timed water spatters, and effective wind gusts (the latter of which scared the crap out of the 6-year-old boy sitting next to me; be warned). The film has Donald Duck “borrowing” Mickey’s sorcerer’s hat and going on a wild adventure through some of Disney’s most-loved films. The music includes songs from The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and the Lion King, as well as others, with Donald getting to interact with the characters from the animated films. One of my favorite aspects of the film is the animated orchestra – it reminds me very much of one of Mickey’s old cartoons, “The Band Leader,” (which of course it is supposed to). PhilharMagic is a celebration of Disney animation and music that should not be missed. I can’t wait to go back later this week.

Mission Space, located at EPCOT, made its debut a few weeks ago. I am going to hold off writing about it until I visit it again. I was so nervous for my first “training session” that I don’t think it sunk in! All I know is that I want to do it again.

Today we engineered the day to allow us to visit one of our favorite cast members at WDW: George K. We’ve known George since our very first visit here and wanted to give him a “What Would Walt Do” pin for consistently exceeding our expectations on every visit. I will tell you more about George another day. In the meantime, if you want to know more about the WWWD cast member recognition program, visit the WWWD site.
e-mail this blog

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?