<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 09, 2003

Happy Thanksgiving! 

My husband and I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner today. Yes, I know it’s only the second Thursday in October, which seems a very long way from the fourth Thursday in November (unless you count it in shopping days), but we had a lot to be thankful for today.

We didn’t eat a morsel of it (unless you count the mashed potatoes that I gleefully licked from the spoon when we were cleaning up), which was what’d we’d planned to do anyhow. One of our best friends, who’s still in the hospital, got some good test results yesterday afternoon. (Yahoo baby!) His wife has been spending most of her waking hours at his side in the hospital, and her brother (who just happens to be visiting here from abroad) has been mostly left on his own to fend for himself (and learn to surf the Internet). So what says, “I am thankful for the good news!” better than a huge turkey dinner with all the fixings?

I know they were appreciative of the meal, but I feel like my husband and I are the lucky ones to have friends who we can do something like that for. True friendship is magic.

Can I get a big AMEN on that?
e-mail this blog

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?