<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 25, 2003

Incredibly Audible 

And now I do the dance of joy!

If you are a regular reader, you already know about the love affair I am having with my iPod (if you are new here, see my 9-15-03 blog). Well, Apple's newest announcement about Audible.com and the iTunes Music Store has me chomping at the bit to crawl into bed with my iPod.

I admit it. I love being read to in bed. And although my husband has read me practically the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy in bed over the past 20 years, let's face it...it's annoying when somebody falls asleep at the good parts. But my iPod won't get ticked off when I get tuckered out! It will read to me all night, whether I am snoring or not.

As of last week sometime, the iTunes Music Store will be making more than 5000 Audible.com audiobooks and other spoken word programs (such as NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross) available for downloading. The cost will be slightly more than what I am currently paying to rent CDs over at BooksOnTape.com, but the convenience of downloading books directly to my iPod may well prove to be worth it! Especially since I won't have to pay for shipping and won't have to return the rented CD after 30 days.

You can read more about this in the following article:

Thank God I got the 30 gig model!
e-mail this blog

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?