<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 12, 2003

Me and the Mouse 

Tomorrow my husband and I leave for a 10-day trip to visit Mickey & Minnie et al in Florida.

I love just about everything about Walt Disney World. It's fun, it's clean, the cast members are friendly, the resorts and pools and spas are gorgeous, the restaurants are wonderful, and the fireworks are romantic and spectacular. When I am there, I feel like I am twelve years old. My husband and I wander around starry eyed, holding hands.

I know that some people don't find Disney very relaxing, but we do. Admittedly, it's probably because we don't have children and we have been there about a dozen times already. So we can sleep late, eat whenever we want, and not feel like we have to rush around to fulfill a trip agenda.

We joined the Disney Vacation Club four years ago, and it's been just right for us. It's Disney's version of a time-share. But in true Disney fashion, it's a little bit better than the average time-share -- more flexible, nicer rooms, higher standards, etc.. (Read more about it on the DVC website, if you want to know how it works.) Our home resort is Disney's Boardwalk Villa's, which is conveniently within walking distance of both the EPCOT and MGM parks.

So, for the next few days, I will happily be sharing my "Disney Moments" here in my blog (assuming I can make the necessary connections!).

e-mail this blog

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?