<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

RSS = NQSSS, Part 4  

(Really Simple Syndication = Not Quite So Simple Syndication)

Why You Should Try Validating Your RSS File on a Regular Basis

I have been writing in my blog every day. I have also been updating my RSS file everyday and posting it to my server. Just for the heck of it yesterday, I decided to validate my RSS file. Lo and behold, my file would not validate.

Turns out, the ampersand (&) is not an acceptable character in the item title field. Who woulda thunk it? This means that, since the first ampersand appeared in my RSS file (about 2 weeks ago) my feed has not been publishing properly. Once I changed the ampersands to “and’s” it validated.

Lesson learned.


e-mail this writer

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?